How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BizLawyerNate Your Own Question
BizLawyerNate, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  7 Years of Legal Experience Representing Small Business Owners
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
BizLawyerNate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner and I own a telephone contracting company that is

This answer was rated:

My partner and I own a telephone contracting company that is based out of his house in texas that his wife is getting in the divorce. I would like to move the mailing address of our company to a residence in Ohio. Can we remain a Texas based company with an Ohio address? Additionally, we will have to change addresses a few more times, in states I have no idea, until I can get this settled over the next year. What should I do?
Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Yes, you can. All you need is a registered agent in Texas. You can usually get a registered agent service for around $80.00 per year. The principal address could be at a UPS Store, and you will still be a Texas company.
BizLawyerNate and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions