Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

what do they base on when assessing value of a company the

what do they base on when assessing value of a company: the gross income or the net income ? And for how far back or forward on the company records do they need to have for the proof of income
What is the purpose of the valuation?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

divorce

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
divorce

If you were going to determine value based on the income of the corporation, you would generally look at a 5-7 year historical period and you would value on net after tax income. A different set of income numbers might be used if this were a business acquisition but as it is not, this would provide a reasonable valuation.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.