Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I opened one merchant account with one lease for a credit card

Customer Question
terminal about 6 months ago. Ever...
I opened one merchant account with one lease for a credit card terminal about 6 months ago.
Ever since I have been double charged for the lease every month. I have been in contact with that company since opened about 6 months ago trying to get this issue resolved. They do confirm I am being double charged and that I should not... however I am still being charged twice. They also tell me that they are in the process of buying back the lease and refunding the money i already have been overcharged for. However I have heard that for months now with no success.

What could be my next (legal) action be as nothing has happened and all.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
5/2/2011
Business Lawyer: BizLawyerNate, Attorney replied 6 years ago
BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate, Attorney
Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Short of going to small claims court, there really aren't any other options. I'm not sure what the total of the double billing has been, or whether it is worth spending the time and filing fees for a suit, but this is a civil matter, and as a business, you are not eligible to take advantage of the state consumer protection laws.

I will be happy to follow up with you if you have additional questions. In the meantime, please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for answering your question. Of course, if you really liked what I could help you with, please consider a Bonus, too!

Also, please keep in mind I want you to be satisfied. Please continue to follow up with me if you need more clarification.

Thanks!

Nathan Moore
BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate
BizLawyerNate, Attorney