Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

HI WE ORDERD $5000 furniture from craxy deals furniture store

Customer Question
HI WE ORDERD $5000...
HI WE ORDERD $5000 furniture from craxy deals furniture store somervillie nj oct 17 2010
it is over 3 months those guys did not deliver our entire furniture whenever we call them they give us a delivery date but they donot deliver and do not even respond to our calls. this has become painful even for us we infact complained to BBB A MONTH AGO EVEN THEY ARE NOT TAKING ANY ACTION about this how should we proceed
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/3/2011
Business Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

How did you pay for the furniture? Credit card or check or other method?

we have paid using our credit card but we have cleared our credit card bills too

The first thing to do is to look on the back of your credit card statement and immediately file a dispute saying that you never received your furniture in exchange for the 5k. Normally if you do this within 60 days of the charge hitting your card, it works. The credit card company may be willing to make an exception in your case because you simply never received the product.

Next, you will need to consider hiring a consumer law lawyer in your area to pursue a breach of contract and deceptive trade practices claim. You may be able to pay him about $300 to send a demand letter. He can use the threat of a civil penalty, treble damages, and /or attorney's fees to get your money refunded.

http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/deceptive-trade-practices/new-jersey/

The other alternative is to sue them in small claims court yourself:

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/civil/civ-02.htm

---

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers in the meantime. Rest assured, I will get back to you.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated!

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.martindale.com/ or at http://www.lawyers.com/ .

You can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney