Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

If a family wants to start an LLC on inherited property, do

If a family wants to start an LLC on inherited property, do all the family members involved have to sign for the LLC to be legal? Or, if there are some in the family that do not want to sign, could they be overwritten my a majority rule that would want the LLC and could start the company even though the minority refused to sign due to their opposition?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. All the owners of the inherited property are going to have to consent to this. Otherwise, you cannot have their interests in the property contributed to the LLC. Until everyone consents to their undivided interests in the property being contributed to the LLC, each party's consent must be obtained to do anything with the property.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.