Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am looking for a answer if I am liable for any debts owed

I am looking for a answer if I am liable for any debts owed to a USA compoany if I am a inc company out of canada ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, you are liable for debts owed to the US company. Depending on the contract you have with them, they would have to sue you in Canada, but the Canadian courts will enforce such debts against Canadian citizens just as a US court would enforce the debt owed to a Canadian citizen.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Even though I am a Inc company ..they can still sue me personally ???
NO, I am sorry for misunderstanding. As an INC you are not personally liable unless you signed a personal guarantee, but your INC is liable and can be sued.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Now if my company has taken too many looses from clients in the USA whom have not paid my company am I allowed to keep all of the money my company collects after we close the doors ?
That question, unlike your first, is one of Canadian law which a US law expert (like myself) cannot answer for you. That would be a separate question you would have to ask in the Canada law section.