Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

if a person has stayed in a hotel for more than thirty days

Customer Question

if a person has stayed in a hotel for more than thirty days and does not pay his weekly rent can he be evicted
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

For VA hotel owners, they can call a police to have him removed if he has lived in the hotel room for less than 30 days.

If, however, you have lived there more than 30 days, the hotel owner has to follow the eviction process under the Virginia Residential Landlord andTenant Act to remove a tenant.

---

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers in the meantime. Rest assured, I will get back to you.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated!

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.martindale.com/ or at http://www.lawyers.com/ .

You can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.