Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

What Utah laws govern a Patiant fee agreement This agreement

Customer Question
What Utah laws govern a...
What Utah laws govern a Patiant fee agreement?

This agreement was signed for Mental health care services and was turned over to a Collection agency what Rights under Utah law can I counter sue.

I belive Failure to notifie of negative credit reporting but am unsure of the code governing this type of transaction.

So what area of law does it fall under?

Consumer credit ? Utah commercial code ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/1/2011
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 years ago
Not everything is governed by statutes as many people think. This is something that is governed by the laws on contracts. Most of contract laws are created through the court decisions and the terms of the contract are the laws of the transaction. As far as the credit reporting, it would be the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which governs reporting to the credit bureaus and as long as the reporting is correct, it is allowed, but if it is not correct you can challenge it under the Act and if they will not correct it then you have a case against them under the FCRA.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney