How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 33928
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my name is Cassidy Feldhaus. My husband and I were recently

Customer Question

Hi my name isXXXXX husband and I were recently robbed and we believe it was employees from out cable company. I am wandering if it is to early to bring suit againt the company which is mediacom. I no someone is innocent until proven guiltly, but trust me they are guilty. I live in a really small town, and the cops just aren't doing alot. Also mediacom is not cooperating like you would think they should. Anyways, here is the story... Mediacom was at my house for 3 days in a row, they new my house lay out, my dogs names and our work schedule. I informed them i needed the problem fixed asap because i had to work 24 hours the following day. Well guess what.... that next day we were robbed broad daylight. They walked out of my house with a 50in plasma tv... also my neighbors saw a mediacom truck out front of my house the morning of the burglury with a bucket lifted in the air. Now thats quiet a coincidence... don't u think. if I didn't believe it wasn't one of there employees it wouldn't bother me as much; however this i a small town, i live on a dead end street.... and for god sakes it's the cable guys.... What should I do, what are my rights...
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
You can sue, but you probably should wait until the investigation is complete. You can consider hiring a private investigator to poke into it for you. The reason to wait is if the police catch them and are trying to prepare a criminal case, the fact that you filed a civil suit could interfere with that.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.