How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10647
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hiya, I need someone to issue a cease and desist on a copyright

Customer Question


I need someone to issue a cease and desist on a copyright infringement issue. I own a video game server that is licensed and people have pirated my software and running it and charging for access to it. Its effecting my customer base and my ability to sell new licenses.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.
This site does not take on representation or make specific recommendations of attorneys. However, if you need guidance in locating an attorney in your area that can help you I can help in that regard. Let me know if you would like that assistance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to know who to contact that has specific expertise in this kind of scenario.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 6 years ago.

What you need is an intellectual property specialist that does copyright infringement work. YOu can locate such experts in your area on or where attorneys are listed geographically and by specialty. YOu should speak to two or three different attorneys about your situation and go with the one with which you are most comfortable. If you are not in a metropolitan area, expand your search to at least include the nearest large metropolitan area.


If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.