Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I was employed by an anesthesia management company providing

Customer Question
services to a local hospital...
I was employed by an anesthesia management company providing services to a local hospital. The management companies contract was terminated 3 months early. I had however taken all of my allotted vacation time. The company is insinuating that I must repay them for 25 percent of the vacation time that I used. Can they do this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/3/2011
Business Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a Florida lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

Whether or not you must repay vacation time is entirely determined by the terms of your contract. Typically if you have a contract for employment for a set period of time and the employer terminates the contract early, the employee is entitled to damages for breach of contract

Ellen, Attorney