How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6516
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the state of Kansas and work as a travel agent. I

Resolved Question:

I live in the state of Kansas and work as a travel agent. I am looking to incorporate my business and found a lot of sites on the Internet offering incorporation services. A lot of them point to Wyoming as a beneficial place to incorporate. These sites are good at telling the advantages of Wyoming Corporation. What would be the disadvantages to incorporating in Wyoming?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I will be happy to assist you. After you receive your answer, please let me know if you need clarification. If not, your accept would be appreciated (and is necessary to compensate me as an expert, even if you are a monthly subscriber - although monthly subscribers will not be charged an additional fee).


If you incorporate in Wyoming but conduct your business in Kansas, you will also need to register the corporation with Kansas and pay the annual fee (around $55):


In addition, you will have to pay taxes to Kansas for the income made there, whether your corporation is initiated in another state or not:


Thus, you end up paying annual fees to Wyoming in addition to the fees you'll have to pay in Kansas and the protections afforded by Wyoming are very likely not much more than a Kansas corporation, if any.


I believe I have answered your question. As noted above, please let me know if you need clarification, and if not your accept would be appreciated. Additionally, if you post a new question for me in another thread, please begin the question with "To TMcJD...." This will ensure that only I answer the question.




Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, neither I nor JustAnswer can be compensated for the time and resources expended.


You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say as legal authority and where appropriate for your own protection will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.



Thomas McJD and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions