How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a dual American/Israeli citizen who resides in Israel.

Resolved Question:

I am a dual American/Israeli citizen who resides in Israel. I have a successful dot com company and have been offered to sell half my shares for a very large amount of money. The buyers wish that I move back to NYC to conduct the company there - here is my main concern: In 2006, while studying in NYC, I opened a bank account and received credit cards from the bank. I was very irresponsible back then and I must have maxed the accounts (Not something large - maybe $3 - 4K) right before going back to Israel. I have no idea how to even pay off these debts even if I wanted too, because I dont even know who to turn too. I have no records of my past bank accounts or credit cards and I am afraid of the outcome if the buyers decide to run a background check on me. Also - I would gladly pay it off today - but I dont even know where to begin or who I owe today.

1. How do I find out what I owe and to whom?
2. How do I find a way to pay them off?
3. Damage control?
4. I dont even know my social security number. How do I find it?
5. How do I fix this situation before it comes back to bite me?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
Do you have a US passport?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yeah. Sure I do. Born and raised in NY.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Moved to Israel at the age of 16 and went back to school in NYC after the Israeli Army (2006)
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
The State Department will have your social security number on file and you should be able to track that down through State using your passport number. With your SSN you can run free credit reports through
and that will show what banks claim you still owe them. It often includes closed accounts from banks and credit card companies. That site lets you get credit reports from Equifax, Experian and Trans Union once each year for free.

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my answer.

Related Business Law Questions