How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 34059
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just started a S-corp in colorado and the firm that filed

This answer was rated:

I just started a S-corp in colorado and the firm that filed online forgot to add my wifes name as a co-owner. What do I do to get her name on the articles of incoporation.
The directors of a corporation are empowered to, among other things, authorize the issuance of stock and elect corporate officers. Acting as the sole director of the corporation, you would sign a board resolution in your capacity as director documenting the issuance of stock to your wife. Her percentage of ownership in the corporation will be in proportion to the amount of shares purchased. Keep in mind that an S corporation, unlike a regular "C" corporation, has limitations on the type and number of shareholders it can have. The shareholders of an S corporation must be either U.S. citizens or residents. (They cannot be nonresident aliens.)
Loren and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you