Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

How do I go about merging my company with a similar size company.

Customer Question
Our company has been in...
How do I go about merging my company with a similar size company. Our company has been in business for 20 years and the other company that is considering joining with us is only 3yrs old; our revenues are similar but we have a different set of clients. Any advice on how to get the process started ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
1/2/2011
Business Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

You can consider entering into a joint venture. In a joint venture the 2 corporations/ businesses form a partnership. The joint venture can be for only specific clients or for all clients. If the joint venture will be for more than a couple clients, I suggest that you had your joint venture agreement professionally drafted by local counsel.

If you would like additional details concerning my answer, please click REPLY and I will be happy to respond. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site. Do not click relist as it will delay my response.

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Edited by WebLaw on 1/2/2011 at 1:27 AM EST
Ellen, Attorney
Ellen, Attorney