Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I am a certified teacher. I am

I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I am a certified teacher. I am thinking of starting a home schooling group for children that are enrolled in the state's free home schooling program. The state requires that an adult monitor the child's progress but many parents need to work and still want their child to do this program. I would be gathering the children that are doing this program together and monitoring their work plus supplementing the curriculum to make it the best possible educational experience that I can. I will be charging the parents money so that I can quit substitute teaching/tutoring and focus on this group. The group would meet at my apartment. What sorts of legal things do you think I will need to do and take into consideration.
So long as you have a License, you are certainly qualified to do this. In fact, most parents that home school don't have a teachers education or background.

You need to contact the state department/board of education and obtain the proper criteria to home school and the standards you'll have to employ.

You should also draw up a simple contract for your services. A local attorney can do this for a minimal fee (which you should be able to write off).