How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31787
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I am a certified teacher. I am

This answer was rated:

I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I am a certified teacher. I am thinking of starting a home schooling group for children that are enrolled in the state's free home schooling program. The state requires that an adult monitor the child's progress but many parents need to work and still want their child to do this program. I would be gathering the children that are doing this program together and monitoring their work plus supplementing the curriculum to make it the best possible educational experience that I can. I will be charging the parents money so that I can quit substitute teaching/tutoring and focus on this group. The group would meet at my apartment. What sorts of legal things do you think I will need to do and take into consideration.
So long as you have a License, you are certainly qualified to do this. In fact, most parents that home school don't have a teachers education or background.

You need to contact the state department/board of education and obtain the proper criteria to home school and the standards you'll have to employ.

You should also draw up a simple contract for your services. A local attorney can do this for a minimal fee (which you should be able to write off).
Roger and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you