How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a partnership question. My husban has a partner who

Resolved Question:

This is a partnership question. My husban has a partner who is not doing him right. My husband suffers from ptsd from being in viet nam. he had a breakdown 2 yrs ago and this partner has taken completely over and has driven my husband out, but he is still legally a partner. 50/50. my husband wants to sell out but the other guy wont. what can we do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

Does your husband have a written partnership agreement? Does that agreement restrict his right to sell the partnership interest?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Your husband is not required to have his partners permission in order to sell your husband's interest in the partnership. Your husband can consider looking for a buyer to purchase his interest
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what if he cant find a buyer? Can he force a buy? the partner may not be doing things exactly legal.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Your husband can not legally compel or force his partner to purchase his interest. However your husband may sell to a 3rd party
Ellen and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you