How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  Significant Company/HR Experience
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a lawyer files a complaint and in the complaint the figure

This answer was rated:

If a lawyer files a complaint and in the complaint the figure owed does not equal what is really owed (50% difference), can you file a counter complaint for not doing due diligence for filling or negligence

Amounts stated in a complaint are typically higher than what is actually owed.or recovered The lawyer did nothing wrong. You can either negotiate a lower amount, of the legal proceeding will establish the actual amount owed. Your answer to the complaint can dispute what is owed. You MUST answer the complaint top preserve your rights.


If you found this answer informative please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for my response.


This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Jack R. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions