Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

The law does not require an impossibility. If a persons bes

Customer Question

The law does not require an impossibility. If a person's best diligence and effort fall short in bringing a case to trial because of a combination of severe mental disability and fraudulent concealment by defendants,who have fiduciary to disclose, are Statutes of Limitation and repose tolled?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello there:

tell me a little bit more about the fraudulent concealment and why that delayed the case?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I sought business partners to help me launch a software project. They lied and concealed everything from the beginning and bullied me in mental depression in the first six months. They never delivered the contract we agreed to and awarded themselves 80%. They never performed corporate formalities showed me acoountings and tax returns or even key contracts..

I hired a lawyer that had just been dismissed from their firm.He told me nothing could be done and to go along.

Fourteen years later I found forgeries of official state documents with my name as president, and certified under oath by one of the partners.

I was very ill at the time, disabled from all work and my young son handled my personal affairs.Yet I tried to get a criminal prosecution and obtain a lawyer and studied the law for three years, but everyone said I did not have enough of the concealed information and that I was ill and would be difficult to represent.

This year I brought suit pro se even though I am still very ill,and they have presented motions to dismiss.
This one is a bit outside my area of concentration. I'm going to open it up for our other experts to examine.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When can I expect an answer and decide whether I will pay or not?
We only have 2 other experts on right now, so I would check back tomorrow morning.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.