How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 34076
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to register an out of state corporation to do business

This answer was rated:

I want to register an out of state corporation to do business in nyc. What kind of fees and taxes am I subject to. Do I get credit for them against the franchise taxes? Thanx
The franchise tax is paid in addition to the annual maintenance fee for a foreign corporation. The following link has a section describing the franchise tax and foreign corporations:
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for partially answering the question. You did answer the question relating to NY state. As I said in my question, I want to do business in NYC. Are there additional taxes/fees in NYC. Does ny county make me get a business license. I Know there is General corp tax in NYC. In short, I want to do business in manhattan and not get suprise nasaty notices from tax department with interestand penalties in year 2016.


Thanx Law Guy!!Laughing

The following ling will take you to a link showing rates for NYC's GCT:

The following linkmwill take you to an online licensing site for businesses operating in NYC:
Loren and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you