Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

(1) The FTC requires full written disclosure documents (including

Customer Question
10 referrals) at least 10...
(1) The FTC requires full written disclosure documents (including 10 referrals) at least 10 days PRIOR to the signing of any contract or transfer of money for a business startup, in accordance with FTC Rule Sections 437.1–3 (under authority of U.S. Code 41–58). Failure to do so as an “unfair or deceptive act or practice within the meaning of Section 5” of the Federal Trade Commission Act. Does this requirement also apply to online businesses that solicit for immediate credit-card payment?

(2) If an online business salesperson orally (by phone) cites response rates that far exceed actual results, can the company avoid bad-faith misrepresentation simply by including a ‘no-guarantee‘ disclaimer in the fine print of their contract?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
12/4/2010
Business Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 7 years ago
Fran-mod

My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

I have phrased by questions in general terms, rather than narrating details of my particular case.
If you need more information, what sort of information?
Business Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 7 years ago

I’ll try to find an Expert to assist you. When an expert responds, you will receive an email. If he needs additional information, he'll let you know.

When you get a helpful answer, please remember to click on the green Accept button so that your expert gets paid for his work.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Regards,

Fran

Infolawyer, Attorney