Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

we have a machinery biz, for the past 12months it has gone

we have a machinery biz, for the past 12months it has gone down the tube,,, bills can tbe paid, nor labor, we have sold numerous pieces @ losses to stay a float, and paid bills, but cant maintian it now,,,
all of the pieces were on term notes, ucc's files,,, several of the items are no longer here, but many still are,, we are pretty sure of being around 150k in the hole,, and owe 600k, biz and personal,, i have personally guarteed the notes as pres of company, they have a blanket on my assets,

i no , the biz, and my personal assets will all be gone,,,,if we completly default, but my question is,,, what about the missing ucc'ed items,, they had knowledge of us dumping items, in the hopes of makeing bigger better deals and comming out,,,
what do we do,,, file totall liqudation? or just default and let them work it out..
In order to properly dispose of the equipment with the UCC liens would have had to have been released and if you prove they knew you were disposing of them and they did not stop you then you would arguably have their tacit release of the liens. At this point you are describing the definition of "insolvency" and you are going to need an attorney, because this is a company, and they will have to place you into bankruptcy (Chapter 11 reorganization first if possible). Also, because you have personal guarantees, you would also likely have to consider personal bankruptcy along with the company bankruptcy to get out from under the debts. This is why Chapter 11 reorganization or negotiation with the creditors may be your best first move.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.