Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

OK I just meditate over everything you advise, Im now making

Customer Question
OK I just meditate over...
OK I just meditate over everything you advise, I'm now making my daughter ceo of the corporation, I will have a local lawyer draw up all the contracts, I will remain on the board as a advisor who will not receive any money, will clarified that my daughter is the president of ArtWearsUSA llc. my challenge is the annual report, as artwearsusa makes money and I'm not making no income, she will open a trust on my behalf and deposit the income in that trust until I become well enought to resume off SSD, my question is do I have to still report artwearsusa llc. to my SSD, if my daught is on the board, again she'll manage everything, I will freely advise her on how to operated the corporation of artwearsusa llc. I realize my name will be on the annually report, what should I do to show that I'm a nonprofit advisor. my goal is to help street artist sell there art though artwearsusa worldwide, street artist will received 75% and artwearsusa llc. 30% which my portion will go in a trust on my behalf, do I have to report that trust? what will work best in this situation?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
11/8/2010
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 years ago
The only thing you have to report to SSD is your income and whether or not you are earning wages from work (active income). Thus, if you are not earning anything that would be taxable to you as income, you would not have to report that. As far as the annual report, you would be a board member, but that does not mean you are a paid board member. It is based on what income you earn, not on whether or not you are on the board and the local attorney will work to set this up in a manner to protect you.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney