How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Over a year ago my daughters boyfriend rented an apartment.

Customer Question

Over a year ago my daughters boyfriend rented an apartment. Her name was not on the lease but she was the one who went to quart for eviction. They moved out of the apartment and now the landlord field a civil suet against her. Is he allowed to do that?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

If there is no contract between her and the landlord, the landlord has no right to sue her for rent or damage to the apartment. He can only sue the boyfriend.


Your daughter should file a motion to dismiss.