Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I have recently had an email from a customer of mine in Italy

Customer Question
who is overdue with payment...
I have recently had an email from a customer of mine in Italy who is overdue with payment of an invoice. My customer claims that I have to fill out a number of forms 'concerning the identification of bank accounts dedicated / tracing of financial flows, as required by Italian law 136/2010' I am not aware of this law and have found it very difficult to gain any information on it. I would greatly appreciate more information. FYI The invoice is for publishing of an article in a magazine my comapny produces, the money owed is for the sum of £500 uk sterling approx 574 Euro at time of writing. I await your reply and thank you in advance
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
11/6/2010
Business Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 7 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Yes, the law you referred to is posted at
http://www.bosettiegatti.com/info/norme/statali/2010_0136.htm

It can be seen in bad partial English at
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bosettiegatti.com%2Finfo%2Fnorme%2Fstatali%2F2010_0136.htm&lp=it_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Article 3 requires traceability of money transfers.

I hope this information is helpful.

Edited by N Cal Attorney on 11/6/2010 at 8:20 AM EST
You're right it's not a very good translation.

From what I can make of the link you sent me it's Part 3 section 3 that relates to my situation however I am still not certain on how I'm implicated by it.

Essentially what I really want to know is 'according to this law do I definitely have to give the details they requested?' The reason I ask is that other Italian clients of mine haven't gone through this process with me so I don't see the necessity of going through this process with this client.

What information are they requesting?
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney