How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116780
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I one a for profit org called Dogs Finding Drugs, been

Resolved Question:

Hello, I one a for profit org called Dogs Finding Drugs, been all over all the news and tv shows the last few weeks. We need a Teaming agreement so we can work together with another org that does Firearms and Explosives detection. We also need a Licensing agreement for use of our name with other individuals out of state. I also need a partnership agreement between myself and my business partner. I also need an attorney who can work with us since we are a start up org and have limited upfront capital. Can you supply me these 3 docs and refer a attorney who could work with us on any other issues that may come up.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry for any inconvenience, but the terms of this site strictly prohibit us from taking on representation of anyone from this site and/or from making any personal referrals. The best we can do is suggest the same sites used by other attorneys to find attorneys in different locales, or Also, the terms prohibit us from engaging in the practice of law and drafting those documents could be construed the practice of law.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Paul,


I understnad. I used this service before and the lawyer at the time was able to forwrd me docs that we could use to modify for our own use. I was hoping that this could happen again. I am impressed that you have a law enforcement background. You could easily understand the detection world. Does this site contain any docs we could use to modify?

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
No, the site does not contain any documents on the site because they really can be considered practice of law. Some experts will provide simple documents, such as quit claim deeds or power of attorney or other documents that are fairly commonly used, but we will not create documents for people to modify or use because of the reason above and it is prohibited and the documents you require are fairly specialized for your business, so we cannot supply those. The partnership agreement, there are many out there on the net, but for this type of business again it should be done sitting with a local attorney to make sure everything particular to your business is covered (since this is not just a common garden variety business).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Paul,


Here is a question for you...Do I need a joint venture agreement or a teaming agreement. The 2 companies want to work together towards getting new clients, contracts etc. I have been looking on line at Teaming agreements and all that I see in them are a contractor and a subcontractor who are ususally going after contracts by doing proposals. The Joint Venture agreements are 2 companies merging efforts, however, it seems like the Joint Venture has its own unique name of which the 2 venturers are working under. I am confused on which type of doc will need to be created. Can you tell me what type of agreement we need to create.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
It would be a joint venture based on what you are describing, since neither of you will be a sub contractor of the other. You need a joint venture agreement for your company and the other company. For your company you need a membership/operating agreement if you are an LLC as well as Articles of Organization to form as an LLC. The Articles of Organization is all that gets filed with the Secretary of State and you can apply for that online at your secretary of state's office. Then the membership/operating agreement is only between the members of the LLC and you discuss in there voting, how to break deadlocks, how a member can be terminated from the LLC, how a member can get out of the LLC, who has the authority to do what and anything else you can think of, which is why you really need to sit together with an attorney to get all of the particulars for your company done properly as the operating/membership agreement is one of the most important documents for your LLC.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.


You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO and request me.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you