Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

Hi, I am interested in adding diagnostic ultrasound and

I am interested in adding diagnostic ultrasound and lab to my boutique setting.
I would like to call it Guest Diagnostics. However, one problem there is already a Quest Diagnostics.

I checked in the name is XXXXX XXXXX sunbiz florida.

Because of the close similarity, will I get in trouble. If unable to use it, could I use Guests Diagnostics? Guest Ultra Diagnostics? they are all availalbe.

thanks

Will you be providing similar services to Quest? Where will your customers come from, consumers or business referrals such as insurance companies and health care providers?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Not really similiar services. Quest provides laboratory tests. We will be providing ultrasound and maternity massage which Quest does not provide.

Referals will come from like sources however.

If the name is XXXXX XXXXX the State of Florida then it is sufficiently dissimilar not to cause a problem at first look. I think your services are sufficiently different that you will not have a problem with the name. So I would go ahead and register it.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.