Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I realize I would have to work through my daughter as a silent

I realize I would have to work through my daughter as a silent partner, making her the new ownership by contract, etc. I'll have a local lawyer do all the paper work, my next question is can I remain as a board member of ArtWearsUSA LLC. and can I have rights to owning credit cards, loans throught the corporation which I know I must report, I also have a business partner who don't mine being temporarily CEO, much paperwork needs to be done, also can I still actively invest in the gold market with my partner as ownership, everything will be reflecting him as the new owner, I don't want to lose control?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, you can remain shareholder and even sit on the board, it is only if you receive any income from the company that it has to be reported to SSI/SSD and it can impact your benefits. You can own the credit cards and you can even have a separate written contract with your daughter that she has to transfer ownership back to you at any time you demand in writing (and you should set some way to determine some fair price to her for doing so in the contract, since the contract needs some consideration to be valid).

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.