Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I realize I can own a C corporation and pays taxes, my goal

Customer Question
is not to touch the...
I realize I can own a C corporation and pays taxes, my goal is not to touch the money but pay taxes and build up the C corporation, can I borrow from the corporation as small loans and can I invest part of the untouch C corporation into a Self Direct IRA?

You can own shares in a C corporation and the C corporation pays taxes, but you could not take any income from that corporation and not report it to SSI which would have an impact on your benefits.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
11/4/2010
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 years ago
You can keep the money in the corporation, but the second you direct any of that money for your personal benefit, self directed IRA etc, then it becomes income. Now, the company can set up a trust (irrevocable trust) for you into which the company deposits money and as long as the money stays in that trust it is not considered income for purposes of SSI/SSD, but I do not know how much money you are dealing with and whether or not you may be going through all of this for no reason because if you are not talking about reasonably sizable income here, it is really not worth it for you to go through all of this.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney