Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I want to sell pies for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but thats

Customer Question
I want to sell pies...
I want to sell pies for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but that's all. What license or permits do I need in Anne Arundal County, Maryland or in Washington DC
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
10/6/2010
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 years ago
If these pies are not made from a licensed facility it is a violation of the Food Code of MD and the Health Code of DC. The codes require that any baked items sold, unless from an approved farmer's market, must come from a licensed manufacturer.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

I assume the cost of a license is prohibitive?
Not just the cost, you have to have a kitchen inspected by health inspectors and have to meet certain health code standards and inspections and you can get the entire checklist from the health department to determine if you could comply with those standards.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney