How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a retail bookstore-have leased for 7 years. My lease

Resolved Question:

I have a retail bookstore-have leased for 7 years. My lease states that I am renting "approximately 1071 square feet". My measurement of the space I occupy comes out to 873 square feet, a difference of 198 square feet which I have been charged for.
What is my best next step with the property owners/landlords? (Who have never been tenant friendly)
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, your next step is to have the space you are renting surveyed by a professional to determine the exact square footage of the space. If your measurement are accurate or in any event if your lease is inaccurate with respect to your actual square footage, you can seek reimbursement of a portion of your lease payments to date.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What kind of "professional" is needed for this survey?
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
A land surveyor.
MShore Law and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you