How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 33747
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

the church is 57 years old the bylaws has been placed in a

Customer Question

the church is 57 years old the bylaws has been placed in a time capsule over 10 years ago. the church is trying to dismiss the pastor, the dba and tax id is in the name of the pastor yet there is no bylaw to place before the church concerning voting rights. What should be done.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Which side is asking for the solution? The pastor, an uninvolved church member, or a member who wants the pastor dismissed? Is there no copy of the bylaws? Has anybody checked with the lawyer who drew them up?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am the Pastor's wife, no lawyer did the former bylaws they were done 30 years ago by a member. They were not done by an attorney sir.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
Then the only solution is to remove the bylaws from the time capsule. However, it would be wise to either have a vote of the church to do it or to ask a court to order it.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
For JD 1992 these bylaws are outdated according to the law. How do we go about that with outdated bylaws
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 years ago.
How do you go about what with outdated bylaws?