Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

when creating a LLC, is Membership transfer ledger needed there

Customer Question
when creating a LLC, is Membership...
when creating a LLC,

is Membership transfer ledger needed?

there are 2 members in LLC
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2010
Business Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good evening. You really only need an operating agreement. You don't really need membership certificates or ledger books to evidence ownership...the operating agreement does that.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Attorney
Richard, Attorney