Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Im behind on my rent for the business space Im leasing about

Customer Question
six month, this is my...
Im behind on my rent for the business space Im leasing about six month, this is my first year in business and I did not make manoey yet, the amount behaind is too much, my monthlly payment is 3,575.00. following what the landlord's lawer wrote after I called him to discuss payment arrangment. Is any way you can help write this purposal?

"Thank you for calling me today in response to the notice of default that I sent. Per our conversation, you are going to submit a payment proposal to me to take to WRIT for consideration; you have promised to get that proposal to me by next Monday, October 4, 2010. You may reply to this email to submit the proposal. Thank you."
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
10/3/2010
Business Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 7 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
What is your proposal? Are you just asking for help to write the letter expressing the proposal? Who is it going to?

Yes, I would like to ask them for arrangments for the past due amount, or if they can accept rent reduction 50% for the past six month Im willing to do so.

I have to address the letter to their attorny, because he send me the notice of defalt/ demant for payment within 10 days. as I mention earlier he is will to take my purposal to the landlord. Can you help me by writing this letter, even just a draft and I will modify it?

Can you tell me what the details of your proposal are? What are you proposing?
Based on the information that i have received, the past due is in the amount of $24,900.02, not including for the month of October. I feel a reasonable modification amount would be around 50% of what is past due.
Are you offering to pay the 50% at once, as additional payments, etc.? In order to help construct the letter I need to know exactly what you are proposing.
My proposal is to pay 50% as settlement of the past due amount. From this point on I wish to start with my regular monthly payment.
It's not really a legal issue, but I can help you write a business letter:

Dear Sir(s):

Pursuant to our telephone conference on (insert date) and in response to your letter of (insert date), please accept this letter as a formal proposal to be presented to (insert name).

As full and final settlement of all past due amounts through (insert date) I would offer to pay the sum of (insert amount) to be paid within ____ days of the acceptance of the proposal. Payment of this amount would result in a $0 balance with the regular monthly payments of $_____ to begin on (insert date).

If this is agreeable please let me know, in writing, at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

(Your Name)

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney