Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

socrateaser what should a plaintiff do, if a defendant.

Customer Question
socrateaser what should a...

what should a plaintiff do, if a defendant. [government] unilaterally changes [completely] the CAPTION of a filed appeal, without leave of court.?
for example... TEST APPLICANT # XXXXX of cpa exam 2009 v. Board of CPAS clerk of admissions.
then, it was changed to SALLY SMITH V. CLERK OF CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, ?

thereafter, the defendant says... sally smith v. Clerk of Board of CPA S... [still way off and not the original accepted CAPTION by the FEDERAL filing clerk.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 day by:
10/5/2010
Business Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 7 years ago
Fran-mod

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Regards,

Fran
JustAnswer Moderator

thanks FRAN, moderator...

no, as of this email... still had no reply to my civil procedure question.?
in a FEDERAL COURT of APPEAL what action would an appellant take when a party without leave of court, significantly and un laterally changes the CASE CAPTION.?

I did file a motion to put the caption back as it was filed.

i appreciate justanswer
FRAN, MODERATOR...

DID you change the FEE schedule.?

and, do you have me signed up on the MONTHLY basis.?

thanks

still no answers./??

Business Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 7 years ago

No, you don't have a monthly subscription.

There are two likely reasons for the delay. The first is that your post was flagged as underpriced for the amount of work involved. Federal Appellate law is rather specialized, and as I'm sure you know, anything you submit has to be correctly done if you want it considered.

The second is that you directed your question to a specific expert who appears to be unavailable to take it on.

If you would like to raise the value of your question, I can help you do that. Similarly, if you need me to open it up to all experts, I can remove Socrateaser's name from the post and make it available to all comers.

Regards,

Fran
Moderator, JustAnswer

Infolawyer, Attorney