Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Assume your dream business has been in operation for a few

Customer Question
months and you are considering...
Assume your dream business has been in operation for a few months and you are considering buying your merchandise from someone other than the franchisor because of lower prices and better quality. You feel the franchisor is charging you too much and intend to pass savings and quality on to your customers. Is it ethical or proper for you to do so? Why or why not?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
10/3/2010
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 years ago
While it may be ethical, the problem is that many times if you are a franchise then your franchise agreement will prohibit you doing so. If the franchise agreement does not prohibit it, then it is not illegal or breach of any contract to do so.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney