MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I am part of a corp.(40 of 60/40) with my significant other

I am part of a corp.(40 of 60/40) with my significant other of 20+yrs.The secretary in the office has changed email accts for the business and also passwords to accounts(vendors,utilities & bank) all,too keep me out of the loop.Is this criminal or illegal?What rights do I have? I live in California. Thanks,Pat p.s. she's been sleeping w/my other half, so needless to say our relationship is up in the air if not finished.I really hope someone can steer me in the right direction, as this is my livelyhood. Again thank you in advance
Thank you for the post Pat, does your corp operate from a set of bylaws? If so, have you formally requested access to the email accounts?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I believe that we operate under the general corp. laws for the State of California, as I do not recall any specific bylaws drawn up.I will have to go to the office tomorrow to retrieve a copy (providing that she has not "moved them for better safekeeping")
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX are established by your company, not CA law. CA law however governs your bylaws. In any event, as an owner in the company you have a right to access the email accounts. If this right is not being recognized, you can file suit against your partner on behalf of the company for such access.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Does that also apply to any other accounts relating to our business/corp? ie.bank account,vendors,etc. all of which I had at one point.

Yes, it does. You are a substantial stake holder in the business and have an ownership interest in virtually all assets and information.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One more quick question,what type of attorney should I seek, should it go that route? and I take it ,that if she refuses to comply, that filing suit against my partner is my only recourse and she's done nothing criminally,right?
Your would seek a corporate litigation attorney. Correct, this is a purely civil matter, not criminal.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good day.