How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

ive recently starting doing consulting work and i want to start

Resolved Question:

ive recently starting doing consulting work and i want to start my own company(LLC) which i will be the only employee doing all the work and other companies will pay me...what do i need to do in order to start my LLC? i live in florida...
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, you will first need to register your LLC. You can visit the FL Dept of State, Division of Corporations Page ( You can actually file online, you will however have to pay the $125 online as well. FL makes it exceptionally easy to register your LLC.

After you have registered your LLC, you will want to obtain a IRS EIN (employer identification number) which you can also do online via this IRS web page:,,id=102767,00.html

Lastly, you will want to open up a separate bank account for your LLC. You want to get checks, etc, with the LLC's name on them and a deposit stamp.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX very helpful. as far as paying taxes, i will be 1099 from the company that will b paying me. how do i handle paying the taxes, do i save checks and give them to accountant and pay taxes at end of the year or each time i receive a check? what about after the company is set up, is there anything i need to do as far as profit/loss statements or reporting to the state? am i the only person who needs to be a member of the LLC?
Expert:  MShore Law replied 6 years ago.
Hello, your taxes will be paid annually, per the direction of your accountant. You would not need to report your profits and losses to the state, aside from your reporting requirement as part of filing your taxes (just as you have to account for your income when you filed taxes as an employee). One of the benefits of an LLC is that it can be owned by one person, in this case you. It is called a single member LLC.
MShore Law and 6 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you