How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

I need an attorney in Albuquerque NM to answer my question and I am willing to pay more. The landlord locked me out of my space yesterday for non payment of rent for my retail space, he did so after I started removing my merchandise. We are in a rent dispute as he has made verbal promises he never kept,.He also took out all mty remaining merchandinse from my space. My store is in an indoor marketplace at xxxxxxxxxxx NM 87108 The landlord did not have a court order to lock me ouit or remove my items, he says that his lease is written like a lease for a storage unit rental and that allows him to seize my property without a court order I can be reached at xxxxxxxxxx. He also called the police and had me banned from the marketplace and the police told me if I come on the property I would be arrested. The owner is a 10 time convicted felon in California for check forgery and embezzlement over $1,000,000. Can he sieze my property withoiut a coiurt order can a lease be written as if we are renting storage space when we are doing retail sales 5 days a week. I want to file a motion to be able to enter the facility and get my items back and I also losing sales as he has over 15K of my autographed memorabilia not including unautographed jerseys\ xxxxxxxxxx

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: New Mexico

Already Tried:
Nothing yet, owner wants to meet with me tomorrow at his home
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 6 years ago.
has one local landlord tenant lawyer who offers a free consultation.,%20NM
lists 4 who handle commercial real estate matters.

You need a local attorney to assist you.

I hope this information is helpful.

Related Business Law Questions