Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

can one member of an llc, remove the other member of an llc

Customer Question
with the state without the...
can one member of an llc, remove the other member of an llc with the state without the member trying to be forced out consent, in other words do both members have to sign the removal of one member? our llc is in the state of washington.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
9/5/2010
Business Lawyer: FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 years ago
FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney
Chat Conversation Started
FLCORPLAWYER :

This will depend upon what percentage of the LLC interest each of you owns. If you are equal 50/50 members then your partner cannot do the things that have been done. The operating agreement controls who owns what in the LLC. You have resource to the courts if this was a 50/50 deal.

JACUSTOMER-shoibtl4- :

to be honest, we have no partnership agreement, it is two of us on the Articles of Incorporation, the master business application for license. We were both on the company bank accounts, however i signed a PG on the lease for the office. Two months into the company opening, in walks two of his friends and he looks at me and says, i said that these guys can each have 25% of company whenever we sale down the road. all verbal, nothing ever in writing or filed. to this day they were paid salary like employees, never added to anything, but now they all 3 came in saying goodbye to me because majority rules. Isnt my
Articles and sos filings my legal proof that me and other manager are the only legal managers (owners) of this company?

FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney
FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER
FLCORPLAWYER, Attorney