How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FLCORPLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4634
Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
FLCORPLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am not sure if i am in the right area of just answer. but

This answer was rated:

i am not sure if i am in the right area of just answer. but this is my question.... i live in Arizona our sales tax is 10%!!!!!!!!! i would like to know how if any way i can get out of paying sales tax. i plan to buy a car $50,000 in California the person that is selling me the car told me that because the car is going from CA to AZ he does not put sales tax in the price. That means that when i go to the dmv to get it lic. that would mean i would need to pay $5,000? i know selling a car in AZ from person to person you don't pay sales tax.

Thank, Mark
Chat Conversation Started

You must pay AZ sales tax on the purchase regardless of where you purchase the car. Some folks will use an address of a relative who lives in a state with a low tax rate and register it there. In a private sale, sales tax should also be collected or the bill of sale should state that it was not collected, at which point the new owner would pay it upon registration also.

FLCORPLAWYER and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you