How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31786
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently awarded a judgement in a civil case from a District

Resolved Question:

I was recently awarded a judgement in a civil case from a District Justice in mongomery county PA. The Judgement was only for half of the amount requested. I filed notice of appeal papers at the court house. However, the complaint has not been filed yet. After discovering the cost involved with the appeal process, I would like to withdraw the appeal. If I withdraw the appeal will my original judgement still be good?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Yes, the judgement is good unless you proceed with the appeal and the appeal court changes the trial court's order.


If you file a motion to withdraw the appeal, it will be as if it never happened.

Roger and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you