Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I was recently awarded a judgement in a civil case from a District

I was recently awarded a judgement in a civil case from a District Justice in mongomery county PA. The Judgement was only for half of the amount requested. I filed notice of appeal papers at the court house. However, the complaint has not been filed yet. After discovering the cost involved with the appeal process, I would like to withdraw the appeal. If I withdraw the appeal will my original judgement still be good?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Yes, the judgement is good unless you proceed with the appeal and the appeal court changes the trial court's order.

If you file a motion to withdraw the appeal, it will be as if it never happened.