How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31787
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a automotive repair business in Arkansas. I seem to

This answer was rated:

I have a automotive repair business in Arkansas. I seem to be having a problem on getting paid for jobs when I am done. I have 2 vehicles,I am holding on to right now and another 2 that made 3/4 of the payment and was going to make payments on the rest. These 2 cars are back with the customers and have not made payments.all of these are at least 3 months old. What are some legal ways on getting paid or taking possession of the vehicles to sell? What is a mechanics lein and will that do me any good?
Yes, you have a mechanics lien on the property until you're paid. You can file suit in small claims court to enforce the lien and get an order to sell the vehicles to pay for what you're owed.

A mechanics lien is the right to hold the vehicle until you are paid, or to sell the vehicle to get your money.

You shoukd hire an attorney to do this for you.

Edited by Adam Kirk on 8/5/2010 at 6:40 PM EST
Roger and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you