How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

made a verbal contract to help a client plan a marketing stategy

This answer was rated:

made a verbal contract to help a client plan a marketing stategy for $2500 after two weeks of work and withing 4 days of delivery. Client pulls out and refuses all payment. Can I sue in small claims?
Thank you for the post, is there any evidence of the agreement?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
emails for the specific amount, witnesses (people I contracted to work on this and her business advisor) to the fact that there was an agreement.

Note: she is a startup "charity" but it is really a ruse I think. I believe she just found someone cheaper. She says she is abandoning the project.She has very little money, (hence I stupidly extended credit and trust)I will not pursue legal any action. I just want to tell her that the threat of litigation will follow her until she has the resources. I just want to force her to negotiate.

Thank you
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX want to force her to negotiate, retain an attorney to send her a demand letter for payment, noting that should she fail to respond, a suit will follow.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She will fail to respond. That is only going to cost me money. What I need is accurate information. I will clarify my original question:

Can I sue successfully in MD given the information?

Additionally if possible: how long do I have? (any applicable statue of limitations?)

Yes, you can sue. You have 3 years from the date of breach to file suit.
MShore Law and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you