Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

If your in a partnership that you do not own the company are

If your in a partnership that you do not own the company are you liable for a lawsuit
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
Can you provide more information about the partnership (what do you mean by you do not own the company?) and the lawsuit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I dont own the company. It is the property of my mother. She decided to make me a partner. Iam on a salary and dont split profits so with my name on the partnership can i pulled into a lawsuit and be held liable.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
The simple answer is yes, you can. Being a partner alone doesn't automatically make you liable but it certainly can make you liable.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.