How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I let my girlfriend borrow my car, in which she allowed her

This answer was rated:

I let my girlfriend borrow my car, in which she allowed her husband to drive it. He totaled it, by hitting a parked car, he admitted he did wrong, and the car he struck was also totaled. As a good friend, she offered to pay for all expenses, felt bad, blah blah blah. Has made 1 attempt within the last 2 months and paid me $120, stated there will be plenty more where that came from. Haven't heard from her again. Can I take her to small claims, and prove his negligence? My insurance company has paid the claim. Paid an abundance amount of money to the occupants of the other vehicle. What can I do?

Your claim would be against both of them - her for negligent entrustment and him for negligence/being at fault in the accident.


However, if your insurance company has paid the claim, and you have no expenses out of pocket in this deal, you have no damages to sue to recover.

Roger and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you