How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am wanting to start a business in which i will provide a

This answer was rated:

I am wanting to start a business in which i will provide a service to business owners. I need to know if there are any services I legally cannot provide and if I need to have my clients sign some sort of disclaimer? The services provided will be assistance with documentation completion and documentation management services.
Thank you for the post, what type of documents are to completed and managed? Also, are your clients going to be individuals or businesses?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am going to assist business owners (be it individuals, partners or corporations) with the completion of documentation for money services businesses, i.e. Money services businesses registrations, California check casher permits, fictitious name statements, etc. We will manage the documents as they expire and update the forms prior to expiration for our clients.
Are you going to in any way be providing legal advice regarding registration/filings?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX services that you cannot provide are those services requiring a license to do so, such as providing legal advice or CPA services. You would have your clients sign a disclaimer acknowledging that in retaining your services they are doing so with the understanding that you are not functioning as an attorney, paralegal, accountant, etc.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there a limit on the fees I can charge for my services and do I need to file for anything other than a EIN and a fictitious for my business for it to be legitimate? It will be a sole proprietorship, possibly a partnership, with no employees.
No, there is no limit. However, the marketplace will strongly influence the fees that clients are willing to agree to. All you would need is an EIN and name for the business if a sole proprietorship.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
And if it's a Partnership? I understand a Partnership Agreement, EIN, and a Fictitious Business Name Statement is needed. Would any other legal documentation be required to be completed?
No, it would not.
MShore Law and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions