How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56554
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a default judgement against my LLC and a bank account

Customer Question

I received a default judgement against my LLC and a bank account garnishment. I filed a motion to set aside and was unable to make the court date due to my grandfathers funeral. I have documents to prove this. They filed a garnishment against my personal bank account and some how the bank allowed this. This was a debt that was invalid in fact this business acctually owes us 1,500. Please help I need this money returned and would like to get this company to pay their actual debt. In addition what do I do about a bank that allows a ganishment against an LLC only, my personal name was not included in this and they allowed my personal bank account garnished?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. You should refile the motion and explain why you missed the prior appearance.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I would file another motion to set aside but it said since I missed court I can not and my big problem also is my personal bank account when this was agoinst my LLC. I am upside down for an invalid claim the plaintiff claimed we double billed them 2200. I also need my bank to reverse this garnishment.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
If you make the motion you would ask the court not only to vacate but also reverse and stop the garnishment. short of a settlement that is the only option.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are you suggesting the motion to quash would do this?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Motion to vacate and quash.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can these be filed together on the same form or do I need to file 2 separate motions?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.

Related Business Law Questions