Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

I programmed an iPhone app for a non profit organization FlyersRights.Org.

I programmed an iPhone app for a non profit organization FlyersRights.Org. All the information presented to users of the app was provided to me by FRO. I simply built the app to present requested info for their users. The app is distributed via the Apple app store.
FRO has agreed to sign an indemnification clause to protect me from any legal action that a user might attempt to take against me as the developer.
I'm looking for a simple indemnification clause written as such.
My LLC is called Headed to the Keys LLC.
Thanks
Blair Player
This is pretty common wording:

Indemnification and Hold Harmless. The Indemnitor covenants and agrees that it will indemnify, defend and hold harmless ___________, its employees, agents, consultants, legal counsel, and volunteers from any and all claims including bodily injury or property damage, liabilities, losses, damages, fines, costs, fees, and expenses including attorney’s fees and costs (at both the trial and appellate levels) arising out of or in any way relating to ________________including, without limitation claims of third parties for property damage or for bodily injuries and any and all expenses or obligations including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the verbiage. I've attempted to merge this into the overall document. Please read and make sure this is how it is intended to be used.
Thanks
Blair

FlyersRights.org is the owner of the iPhone application, as listed by the Apple iTunes app store (app IDNNN-NN-NNNN, and owns all intellectual properties related to this application. The application was developed at the request of FlyersRights.org and FlyersRights.org provided all app content, as viewed by the user.

The app is listed under Headed to the Keys LLC’s developer account and proceeds from Apple are directed to said account. Proceeds from unit sales are distributed as follows:
• Apple fees: $0.29
• FlyersRights.org royalty: $0.50
• Headed to the Keys LLC: $0.20

Upon receipt of payment from Apple, Headed to the Keys LLC will forward royalty payment to FlyersRights.org.

Indemnification and Hold Harmless: The Indemnitor, FlyersRights.Org, covenants and agrees that it will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Headed to the Keys LLC, its owners, employees, agents, consultants, legal counsel, and volunteers from any and all claims including bodily injury or property damage, liabilities, losses, damages, fines, costs, fees, and expenses including attorney’s fees and costs (at both the trial and appellate levels) arising out of or in any way relating to the FlyersRights.Org iPhone App, including, without limitation claims of third parties for property damage or for bodily injuries and any and all expenses or obligations including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.

__________________
Kate Hanni
FlyersRights.Org

___________________
W. Blair Player
Headed to the Keys LLC
Sounds good.