Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

We recently formed a neighborhood working group to address…

Customer Question
We recently formed a neighborhood...
We recently formed a neighborhood working group to address questionable follow-through of our HOA on several issues and concerns of financial malfeasance. The HOA has pulled '08 and '09 financials from a public website for our neighborhood and is stalling the release of '10 financials. What are accounting gimmicks and/or business law issues and questions we should be asking of our HOA in an attempt to make them more accountable to existing homeowners?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2010
Business Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw

Your question is too abstract to respond to in any meaningful way. Without knowing the specifics of the concerns, suggestions would be pure guesswork and not particularly useful for you. What you may find useful is to pool some money and speak to an accountant who can give you guidance on the specific concerns you have. You will be able to provide him with the financials you have and point out with specificity the concerns you have arising from those financials. With that information, you will be better able to pursue the concerns you have.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.